Monday, August 24, 2009

Wow...another blog...

Yesterday in church our pastor talked about how God works most of the time in the mundane events in our life...not usually in big loud emotional ways, but in quiet, soft methods. I loved hearing it expressed as the "miraculous in the mundane". To this end, I would like to use this blog to record the mundane things in my life where I see God's touch. Starting with this day, August 24th I see His hand as we celebrate the births of my husband and sister (different years). Two of my favorite people born on the same day...it's a doubly good day. And they both claim Him as their savior and I have forever with them to look forward to...if we ever are separated it will be brief! Now, I am not saying that they are mundane, just that we start to feel our birthdays are, at best, mundane as we get older. Besides the birthdays, today I have seen miracles today in perfect weather, a Panera cinnamon crunch bagel and a now functioning light in my laundry room. Maybe these do not fit the miracle category but they at least belong to the blessing column of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment