Thursday, August 27, 2009

Who let the old lady loose?

If you know me, you know that I am a frugal person who does not do a lot of shopping. We have often been blessed by receiving hand me down clothes from others who shop in real stores. I decided that my oldest ought to start out his high school career in some REAL clothes purchased by me. So, I found a real store that has an online website and purchased some real cool pants and polos shirts that met our school's dress code. My kid will be cool. The clothes came as ordered and I was proud...proud of my cool shopping and my cool kid in his cool clothes. I even splurged for some new white t shirts. Made it through the first week of school. Still cool. I wash the cool polo shirts. When I am taking them out of the dryer I notice the collars of 4 of the shirts (all of the striped ones) all have tiny cuts in them. What is this? I thought these were quality cool shirts! I check with my son to make sure no one sitting behind him has been cutting at his collars. I decide that I need to return these defective shirts to the real store, which has a location in the local mall. I explain to the young salesguy that I have a situation. Cuts after just one washing. He kindly walks me over to a table of new polo shirts....each one of them has cuts on the collar. So glad God has brought me to this cool place to remind of how uncool I really am and how much I need Him, daily. I retreated from the place I did not belong and ended up at Dollar Tree which is really more my style anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment